Patients with chronic medical conditions requiring allied health (psychologist, physiotherapist, exercise physiologist, dietitian, diabetes educator, podiatrist, chiropractor, osteopath, occupational therapist, speech pathologist etc) assessment or treatment may be eligible for a number of Medicare rebatable sessions under a Care Plan – either Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) or Mental Health Care Plan – which involves a comprehensive health review.
These plans require a double appointment. If making your appointment online, please select the “Long appointment” option.
A chronic medical condition is a condition that has been, or is likely to be, present for at least 6 months, including, but not limited to:
- cardiovascular disease
- diabetes mellitus
- musculoskeletal conditions
- chronic persistent asthma
- a psychological issue
- To be eligible for a Care Plan, patients must have a chronic medical condition, or a psychological issue.
- To be eligible for a Medicare rebatable referral to an Allied Health Provider, patients must have a chronic medical condition that requires ongoing treatment from a multidisciplinary team ie your GP and 2 other health providers except if the referral is solely to a psychologist or mental health social worker
- If you require an EPC or Mental Health Care Plan to access Medicare Rebatable visits to an Allied Health Professional, please make a double\long appointment